The United State Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose the relationship between ourselves and product manufacturers or owners or training or service providers that we write reviews about. Therefore the following is a list of guidelines that we abide by on all product reviews found on Make It In Music.
Most of the reviews or references found on Make It In Music are for products, services or training (referred to herein as ‘product’ or ‘products’) that we either currently use and own, or have used and owned in the past. If we have not used a product we will state that in the review, which in essence is more of an overview as opposed to an actual review. We have invested our own time and money into personally owning and using almost every product we have reviewed. The majority of these products are items we do in fact use every day.
If you click on a link to visit a product website that we have reviewed we may receive a commission upon you making a purchase from the vendor’s website.
We do not receive compensation of any kind from manufacturers, advertisers or affiliates in exchange for favorable reviews. All reviews are factual statements of our experiences with and opinions of said product or service.
All comments left by visitors to our site are expressly their own opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Make It In Music. We allow commentary from visitors so that you may receive a more objective view of the products without having to solely take our word for it. As such, we greatly value the opinion of our readers. If you have utilized any of the products listed on our site we strongly encourage you to share your opinions via ratings and comments for others to see when making a purchasing decision.
We feel it is important that you understand the relationship between a product manufacturer or owner and an affiliate. As a product reviewer we may receive an affiliate commission if you make a purchase via our link from our website to a manufacturer’s website. However if you go directly to the manufacturer’s website without using our link, we will not earn a commission. We hope that if you found our site and reviews helpful in making your purchase decision you will reward us by utilizing our link.
Thank you very much for being a follower and/or reader of our site, we hope we have been able to help you as well as continue to help you in the future.
1. Special Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to provide accurate information in the publications. However, in many cases this information pertains to dynamic fields of endeavor in which new laws are enacted and old laws revised and/or interpreted on a continuing basis. Readers are advised to proceed with caution before implementing strategies contained in these publications and to consult with appropriate professional advisors prior to committing time and financial resources, as a result of the material contained in the publications or seminars, workshops, etc. from which they have been obtained. These materials are for instructional purposes only.
2. FTC Disclosure Policy – Material Connections with Endorsers. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that we disclose any material connection we may have with anyone who provides testimonials or comments (endorser) regarding our website, its products or services (16 CFR, Part 255 – Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising). Material connections involve the payment of compensation to endorsers or providing free promotional materials or benefits to endorsers.
2.1 Commissions and Fees. Some or all of the endorsers who provide testimonials or comments on this site regarding this site, its products or services may receive payment in the form of affiliate commissions, referral fees, or other fees from us. Although you might assume that these endorsements are biased by reason of compensation, to the best of our knowledge we believe these endorsements represent the honest opinions of the endorsers.
2.2 Free Promotional Materials or Benefits. Some or all of the endorsers who provide testimonials or comments on this site regarding this site, its products or services may have received free promotional materials or benefits from us. Although you might assume that these endorsements are biased by reason of these free promotional materials or benefits, to the best of our knowledge we believe these endorsements represent the honest opinions of the endorsers.
2.3 Testimonials We Post. We do NOT post testimonials as blog posts on our site. For Testimonials we have not at the time of writing but may in the future, post elsewhere on our site posts that are in the nature of “success story” or “best-case” scenario testimonials (as distinguished from subjective opinions). In such case we will have data that will substantiate the results and also provide statements of expected typical results which we believe consumers will generally achieve with our product or service or that of a third party, and we will provide this information upon request ( HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org). For Testimonials we may post elsewhere on our site that are in the nature of subjective opinions, we do not independently verify, nor do we seek independent verification; however, to the best of our knowledge we believe the testimonialists are giving their honest opinions. If you’re not sure regarding whether a particular testimonial is a “success story”/”best-case” scenario testimonial or a subjective opinion testimonial, email our compliance officer at the email address provided above and request clarification.
2.4 Testimonials Posted By Others to our Onsite Blog(s). We do not independently verify, nor do we seek independent verification of comments and statements that may be posted by others in blog posts on this site regarding our website, its products or services. For this reason, if others post “success story” or “best-case” scenario testimonials (as distinguished from subjective opinions), you should assume that their results are NOT typical.
3. FTC Disclosure Policy – Material Connections with Advertisers. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that we disclose any material connection we may have with a product manufacturer or service provider (advertiser) (16 CFR, Part 255 – Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising). Material connections involve the payment of compensation by advertisers to us or advertisers providing free promotional materials or benefits to us.
3.1 Commissions and Fees. Some or all of the advertisers for which we provide advertisements, testimonials or comments on this site may pay us in the form of advertising fees, affiliate commissions, referral fees, or other fees. Although you might assume that our endorsements are biased by reason of compensation, we strive to give our honest opinions and evaluations.
3.2 Promotional Materials or Benefits. Some or all of the advertisers for which we provide advertisements, testimonials or comments on this site may pay us in the form of free promotional materials or benefits. Although you might assume that our endorsements are biased by reason of free promotional materials or benefits, we strive to give our honest opinions and evaluations.
4. Earnings and Income Disclaimers.
4.1 Although we make every effort to accurately represent the services and/or products presented on this website, we make no representation or promise that you will make any specific amount of money, or any money at all, or that you will not lose money or achieve any particular result, desired result or measurable level of success.
4.2 Statements or examples of actual earnings on this website are true and correct, and we will verify them upon request and also provide statements of expected typical results ( HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org); however, these statements or examples should not be viewed as promises or guarantees of earnings or income. Earnings and income potential are affected by a number of factors over which we have no control, including but not limited to your financial condition, talent, skills, level of effort, motivation, past experience and education, your competition, and changes within the market. In addition, there are certain risks that are unknown.
4.3 For the foregoing reasons, you should assume that these results are NOT typical. Your use of our services and/or products should be based exclusively on your own due diligence and judgment. We cannot guarantee your future results or success.
5. Forward-Looking Statements. Some materials relating to our services and/or products may include forward-looking statements as contemplated by the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. You may identify forward-looking statements by words such as “expects”, “anticipate”, “plan”, “believe”, “scheduled”, “estimate” and variations of these words and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are not predictions or guarantees of future performance, and they involve certain uncertainties and risks that are difficult to predict, some of which are listed discussed above. Accordingly, you should assume that the results of these statements are NOT typical. Actual future results may differ from these statements. We do not undertake any obligation to update or publicly release any revisions to forward-looking statements.
This policy is valid from 17th January 2013.